Monday, November 16, 2009

Cake decorating class graduation



Over the past 8 weeks, I have been taking a cake decorating class at A B Tech. Even though I came in with some experience, I learned a whole lot. I've said it before, but hands-on instruction is so helpful for hands-on things! And Waynette was so easy to learn from. She made us feel so at ease, no pressure, and lot's of encouragement. Which was helpful especially on the night we learned how to do roses. : )

On the final night, we had the freedom to design whatever kind of cake we wanted, to use what we had learned in the previous weeks. That was so fun coming up with a design.


So, I made a 9x13 spice cake. Iced it with vanilla buttercream. Then, I tried my hand at basket weave all around the side. It was a lot easier than I imagined! Then I bordered the top edge with a "e" border. Around the bottom edge I did a tiny shell border.


Next I placed the royal icing flowers that I had saved from the two previous classes.

Finally, I added Swiss dots and a message. I thought thanking Waynette would be appropriate.




The final product! And boy was it tasty! Nathan said that he wants those flavors for his birthday cake, and it's not until next October!

No comments:

Post a Comment